Sunday, October 31, 2010

Meet Your Street

Psychology student Alex Loughlin is using Halloween as part of a nationwide campaign to encourage people to get to know their neighbours, the program is called Meet Your Street.

Alex is encouraging students to enter the Pass the Pumpkin competition as a way to meet their neighbours. The idea is for folks to buy and decorate a pumpkin - then knock on a neighbor's door in their street and pass it on to them as a Halloween treat, taking a picture which can be posted on Alex's Facebook page.

I wish I had found this link a few weeks ago, I would have posted it earlier.

Alex has another campaign "Pass a Pie". Make a pie and give it to your neighbor this holiday season

Read the article
http://optimistworld.com/Halloween-Pass-Pumpkin-community-bonding-initiative/

Video of Alex and  his mentor finalize  the details for the "pass a pie" program.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn2LK0Llm0s.
I do have to warn you, they recommend passing a mince pie, and that is not my favorite, I am going to try this and I think I will stick with apple.

Post your comments on how we could participate in the "pass a pie" idea. How fun!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share & Enjoy

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More